Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Day 59! Uniontown, PA 50 miles

Despite the constant rolling hills, the ride today was pretty nice. I rode with Woody and we just talked and laughed the entire time as the miles passed by. After eating some Subway sandwiches, we went to the movies since we could not set up lodging in the YMCA yet. The only movie that fit our time frame was "John Tucker Must Die" and it was a terrible chick flick. If you want something to laugh at, I recommend it, otherwise don't waste your time! For dinner we were hosted by the local Knights of Columbus for some great Italian sausages. The evening was pretty relaxed since we have a tough ride tomorrow. We spent the evening exchanging gag gifts which was hilarious and lots of fun. I got a bunch of "old man" stuff since I am engaged and all, it was pretty fitting. Ask about that story later! The picture at right is of Scott and his shoes. The story was that since he is the shortest on the team, a mere 5'4" I think, that he might have trouble being allowed on rollercoasters. So if he is ever in that situation where he is too short to ride, he can just slip on them shoes and ride away!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian I see you Turner "charm" is rubbing off!! What a Funny Bunch!!LOL Tricia

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ian, this is Jessica from the lazy river in Nebraska. I had to commet on how fast this has gone. Its heard to beleave its really close to being over. You have to tell all the guys hey for me (plz). I had an awsome time meeting you y'all. I still have to memory's of Winston and I racing in the lazy river you and you won!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian, I am sure that you are in D.C. and you have met up with you mom and dad, brothers, and your beautiful Fiance Cara. I wanted to let you know what an amazing journey it has been reading your blog the whole time that you have been gone. Your accomplishment is a great one and Everyone is so proud of you!!!! Keep up the great work and we will talk to you soon!!!!

Love, Blair and Lashawna

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture of Scott is just too good, we are waiting for a comment from someone on the team or Scotts family....

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home