Friday, August 04, 2006

Kalamazoo, MI

The 85 miles today were completely flat although the heat was pretty extreme. Ironically, it hasn't rained a drop since I bought my rain jacket in Chicago. Anyway, we had our arrival at the local Saturn dealership where we were fed lunch and I finally got to meet Brent's Grandma Beckman who has been following the trip and my blog all summer. It was great to finally meet her and the rest of the family. From the lunch we rode on to YMCA Camp Sherman where we stayed the night in their cabins. We had a good time swimming on Lake Sherman where Brent and I played on a log rolling toy and a huge water trampoline. Dinner was provided by the local Jaycees and we all got to write letters for next year's team members. The rule was if we didn't have the letter done by Lansing we couldn't eat dinner! The cabins were miserably hot and stuffy but somehow we all managed to get some sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian, it was so nich to meet you also. Nobody had to point you out to me as following you and the "gang" I would know you anywhere. Hope the fella that had to leave is OK now. Also hope nobody got sick on the rides at Cedar Point. Have fun and will see you again in DC. Keep up the good work. You all are still totally awesome.

Love to all,
Grandma Beckman

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home